The Driver Knowledge Test (DKT) is a 45 question multiple-choice test. Each question provides 3 options to choose from and requires you to choose the most correct. The test covers all content in the Road Users’ Handbook. The 45 questions are randomly selected from a bank of 364 questions.
- 15 questions are general driver knowledge
- At least 12 must be correct
- If you get 4 of these questions wrong the test will terminate
- 30 are road safety questions (including 10 traffic sign questions)
- At least 29 must be correct
- If you get 2 of these questions wrong the test will terminate
For administrative details including fees and booking information, refer to the Roads and Maritime Services (RMS) website to ensure you access the most up-to-date and accurate information.
Check out the other resources available to help you pass the Driver Knowledge Test and get your learner licence (L plates):
For comprehensive information on the learner licence and Driver Knowledge Test, please refer to the Roads and Maritime Services website. The above information is a summary of this content and although current when published may now be outdated. To ensure you are accessing the most current and accurate information, use the RMS website or visit your nearest Service NSW centre.